Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dad - Take me out to the ball game!

What a gorgeous day for a ball game.  These two have been looking forward to this since May, and finally the day arrived.  No surprise they left earlier than planned!  I took the littles to church, and they made a pitstop at Starbucks and then headed down south for the day.  Wayne was in love with the stadium, and of course, all the FOOD!  He told me he hardly ate anything.  When I asked him what he did eat, he said, "a frappe, hotdog, pop, nachos, peanuts, cotton candy, and popcorn. I think that was all.  Not much."  Seriously?  We are in TROUBLE when he turns 16!  They got there early enough to walk around the whole stadium and check out the team shop.  Which of course Wayne wanted a jersey just like Dad's.  They almost got Felix Hernandez's autograph, but just missed out.  So close!  During the break between innings Wayne was busting a move with his foam finger, and the cameras panned and the next thing they knew Wayne was on the big screen!  So crazy!  Even the Murphy's came up to us at church the following week and said, "We saw Wayne!"  He was pretty excited.  After the game (the Mariner's lost) they went down and Wayne was able to run the bases.  Pretty cool for a kid!  Tyler is one amazing Dad.  As much as Wayne loved the game, I think Tyler might have enjoyed taking him more.  








No comments:

Post a Comment