Monday, February 11, 2008

money cannot buy happiness, but CLOTHES can!

Woo -hoo! Thanks to my personal shopper, I finally have clothes to wear that are not Old Navy t-shirts! My precious mother went with me to the Bon, and we did some hard core shopping with Weston. I was changing as fast as she could load up her arms! We found 10 really cute tops, and a pair of jeans too. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me, and so much more like normal! Weston was a little fussy, so I could never have done it all without her help. And kuddos to my husband for taking Wayne (their time included a trip to the wire store and Lowe's. They saw Grandma Silves and Aunt Pat there!)

Pet Peeve: When we arrived at the Bon, Weston was seriously fussy because he was hungry. My mom started shopping for me, and I asked the sales clerk for a dressing room (while holding a screaming baby and pushing a stroller... duh, the child had to eat!) She looked down her nose at me, and said, "do you even have anything to try on?" I pointed to my mom and said, "she has it for me!" She let me back into the dressing rooms, and the rest of our shopping experience was delightful with her. It just really stuck with me though... am I kind to other's because that's one way I can live for Christ, or am I kind to them because of what they can do for me? I hope that it is the first, but will be cautious of the second!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so glad that you went shopping! What a wonderful treat! That was the best part when you can actually put away those dreaded maternity clothes! Since, we aren't having anymore. The moment I couldn't wear mine I sent them out the door with a friend. I told her to do whatever she wanted! I never want to see them again! Glad that you all are feeling so well! Its been pretty miserable around here! My hubby and kids have been so sick! I keep praying that I won't get it!

    ReplyDelete