After being inspired on the Bethany Home Tour this past December - I made a decor to-do list for our house. On this list? Out with the old - streamline, simplify. Make the kids rooms look like kids rooms- personalize them. And finally - bring in more PICTURES of our family to our home. I've completed all the projects, so drum roll please.....
In Weston's room we rearranged furniture, and got new bedding, a new lamp, and coordinated his bulletin board with everything. He says he is a "big kid" now and promises to quit taking his mattress off his box spring every morning. We shall see!
Above the mantel needed some SERIOUS help - so my interior designer (also my Mom!) decked it out as part of my Christmas present. She rocks!
The entry way... I love. Pretty AND practical! I still need to find some baskets to go int he shelving unit, but you get the idea.
Now hang a right out of the kitchen, and head up the stairs. See all the PICTURES! Shoot. I just saw the frame with empty spaces in it. I'll have to work on that.
Now climb the stairs, and take another right into the master bathroom/family bathroom. I took the old and dated $20 Ross pictures down, and found this pretty little metal/candle display to put on the nice empty wall. Well, my designer told me to go to Target, which isle to go down, and what shelf to find it on, but I still found it myself!
LOVE this wall in the bathroom. It's the first thing I look at when I wake up in the morning. I'm still working on what to put on the shelf. I like the PRAY sign, but the W is just there because Wyatt keeps trying to shoot hoops with it.
In our room, above the dresser, right next to the window with the REAL birch tree outside.
This shows you a bit of our room, looking into the bathroom. I didn't feel like making the bed for real just to take the picture, so we are strategically angled here. I bought new lamps and mirrors, and rearranged some pictures in our room. It actually looks like someone took some thought with it!
Moving on to Wayne's room.... Tyler helped me make these shelves out of flat baseboard. I made 3 30" shelves for $25. Not bad! Wayne loves the display space for all of his Lego creations.
At the end of his bed, another few shelves with LOTS of Lego's, and his "blocking" man.
Wayne's bed - he wanted a gray and orange theme, with a little bit of Huskies thrown into the mix.
His new desk with Lego empire, and the "shooting" man. He loves how it turned out, and so do I. A room he can grow into and have for a long time to come. He's also super excited that when the baby comes, Wyatt gets to move in with him. He's already counting the sleeps!
Thanks for joining me on the tour, from the comfort of your own home!
Interior Design by: Judy
Toys and Clutter by: The kids
Photography by: me! :-)
I totally need you and your mom!! Love everything you have done!
ReplyDeleteWow!! Very impressed!!! All looks so good!!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah for completed home projects!!!!!!! I want Judy to start a business. I need her again, too. :)
ReplyDeleteLove how it all turned out! Great designer, spectacular photography! ;)
ReplyDeleteAdri
So fun! I love getting a look into people's houses! Looks like you've been busy! I really love all of the pictures in the stairway. That empty frame will definitely be full of pictures this summer when baby #4 comes!
ReplyDelete