Saturday, October 13, 2012

Grandpa and Grandma's day out

 Last weekend was a busy one, and Tyler ended up working on Saturday.  Faced with the daunting task of taking four kids to a flag football game, I was THRILLED when my mom called...  I hoped she would take Addison for a few hours, but it turns out she wanted to take Weston and Wyatt to the train show!  Madelyn and Treven came along too, so it was quite the affair.  I wonder if my parents thought it was reminiscent of their younger days, with 4 of us kids?  :-)  The kids were excited to ride three across in the back seat of Grandma's car.  (Treven drove in with Tyson.)  They had NO IDEA how much fun was waiting for them!
 When I later asked Wyatt how the train show was, he told me, "No touching, just watching!"  Looks like he found one thing he could touch though- the train! 
 Weston was such a good boy the whole time.  He obeyed, and and had a ton of fun. 
 Can you believe she is a Grandma to these four?  And that she has EIGHT grandkids?  I bet no one here would have believed it!  I can only imagine how this all went down.  "Grandma I want to ride!"  "Grandma I need you with me."  And oh yes, my Dad pulling out his wallet to pay and holding her purse while she road.  Makes me smile just thinking about it.

 What?  Another train?  Before I even saw these pictures, Wyatt told me, "I ride TWO trains!"  Again - how did they ever rope Grandma into riding along with them?  That Treven could sell ice to Eskimos!

After all the fun, it was time for FOOD.  Dad thought 40 chicken nuggets and two large fries should be enough to feed this herd.  I guess he got up to get more water, and Madelyn hollered across the play area, "Hey Billy Boy!  I think we're going to need some more nuggets!"  He came back with TWENTY more!  I wish I could have seen his face - must have been PRICELESS.   

Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the kids.  They talked about the train show all week - it made quite an impression on them.  I am so grateful for the memories that you are making with them - and the lessons that you are teaching them (well, minus the "chicken butt").  Each and every one of them adore you - and it's obvious when they attack you at the door when you walk in, or when they grab on to your leg so that you can't leave.  THANK YOU - you are a blessing to our family!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny Tanya, I love the "hey Billy Boy!"
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete