We are almost to the end of baseball season, and I am going to be sad when it is all done. We just have games 2 nights a week, which seems easy. Add to that the fact that Weston and Wyatt just play, play, play and it really is a relaxing night, two nights a week! About the third week in, it was like a switch flipped and Wayne got COMPETITIVE. What happened? He struck out. And then he threw the bat at the fencing. Hard. Obviously I ran over and pulled him aside to talk about sportsmanship and why he can't throw the bat, but when I told Tyler later, because he was pitching and didn't see it happen, his comment was, "He cared enough to throw the bat?" From that point of the season on, he turned into a kid that cared! He tries so hard to field the ball, getting low to the ground. His batting stance has improved and he takes big swings and almost always gets on base. At our last game - he hit a grand slam! As he ran off the field after scoring 4 runs, he shouted to me, "Did you see my "slid"? I had to "slid" and I made it there first before the ball and was safe!"
No comments:
Post a Comment