Sunday, March 29, 2009
"Don't Rush Life" - Tyler Silves
Today was lovely. We went to church, then came home and stayed home the rest of the day. This afternoon we went for a walk, and Wayne rode his scooter while Weston was in the stroller. Then we raked sticks (trust me, we enjoyed it!) and Wayne helped for awhile then played with sidewalk chalk. The weather was beautiful; sunny and above 50 degrees! We couldn't ask for anything more, given our recent weather patterns here! The boys and I came inside, and Tyler let the dogs out in the backyard and then BBQ'd dinner (a marinated tri-tip steak from Costco... delish!) The boys and I made salad, potatoes, asparagus and rolls. Mmmm... It felt unbelievably good to feel the sun on my face, and to see the sheer joy on the boys' faces as they were OUTSIDE. All the busyness and crazyness of our lives lately fell away, and I thought of Tyler's favorite quote (if you haven't heard him say it yet.... you will!)




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wayne looks so big on his new scooter. I'm so glad you were able to spend the day as a family doing what you all enjoy doing. You totally needed a day like today! Thanks for sharing pics of the boys!
ReplyDeleteOkay - what's the favorite quote? We must know! I sat outside on the patio - it felt so good to soak up some sun on my face!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you all got to get outside and enjoy some fresh air. We're all too sick here still to get out...it's so much easier being cooped up in crappy weather.
ReplyDelete