Friday, March 20, 2009
Of utmost importance... BACK UP NOW!
Hi Folks! I finally have a moment, and the most important thing for me to tell you is BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER NOW! Did you hear me? NOW!!!! I am grateful and thankful that I use the brains I've been blessed with most of the time, and that I've got backups of my entire system as of about a month ago, but I still lost more than I wanted. While I am now in recovery mode (swiping birthday pictures off the blog!) I have also implemented an automatic backup system. When I spoke with the IT guy, and mentioned that I should just get an external hard drive, he recommended this site instead https://www.carbonite.com. I checked it out, and there is a free 15 day trial, and after that it is less than $5 per month for unlimited offsite storage, and it automatically updates every time I change files (no lag time!) At least, that's what I've figured out. PLEASE, PLEASE learn from those who commented on the last few posts.... if you haven't lost your hard drive yet, YOU WILL! It's bound to happen. The only reason I have a backup is because my friend Quinn had her computer crash, which freaked me into backing up a few things as soon as I read her post. So, for the 15 day trial, go check it out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I honestly woke up at 5am and had a small panicked thought about the pics on my hard drive for the last year that are not backed up - YIKES!!!
ReplyDelete