Sunday, March 1, 2009

my sick buddy...


I feel so bad for my little buddy... I've been sick, and so has

our little Wayne. We both are caughing and blowing our noses, and in general have been pretty miserable. He's so cute and sweet when he's sick. He snuggles a ton, has a chipper attitude, and says things like "my owie!" when he points to his throat. He has a rash on his face from the weather and so much binky time (his cough is so bad, I can only give him so much honey to help!) He also realizes that his birthday is coming, and keeps saying, "I want birday!" It is so cute. I've cleaned up after him in ways that I wouldn't for anyone else (but Weston.) Through it all, I'd do it again and again, just to hear his unprompted, sweet little voice say, "thanks Mom." That's all I need to face another round. This was one of the pictures I took for his 3 year photoshoot. I thought that it perfectly captured his sweetness, and his sickness.

4 comments:

  1. Wayne is so grown up in this picture! That really can't be him? He is a doll! Sorry to hear that you all have been under the weather. Hopefully, he will fully recover for his big birthday coming up!!!

    You so need to try the Mentholatum ointment on his feet and yours for the coughing!!! Rub it on and put socks on over it!!! I don't know how it works, but it does!!! My kids stop coughing immediately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had any of the sickies yet in our house! I can't believe how big Wayne is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe Wayne is already 3! He looks like such a little man. You and Tyler are so blessed by your little family. I can't wait for the next addition!

    ReplyDelete