Sunday, May 1, 2011

{a NOT normal day}

Today is a very NOT normal day around here.  Why?  Here's a few reasons!
  1. Tyler is supposed to be working, but he took the day off
  2. The sun is shining
  3. It's 55 degrees and climbing
  4. It's 11am and our house is QUIET
  5. Tyler and Wayne AND WESTON! are gone fishing at Silver Lake with Grandpa
  6. Our house is clean, with no toy hazard in sight
  7. I skipped church (oh yeah folks, I'll admit it!)
  8. Wyatt is STILL sleeping (and yes, still breathing, I checked)
  9. I am a little bored. 

As crazy as it is with everyone home, and as long as our afternoons can sometimes get - when they are all gone or sleeping, for THIS long, it is a fabulous reminder to me to appreciate the moments.  I am so excited to hear how their fishing trip was - the fact that they are still gone is a good sign, I'm thinking!  Weston was so excited to catch "fishies" and to get to go along - his face was just GLOWING as they left here, and I could see him waving at me and blowing me kisses as I watched them pull out of the driveway in my VERY CLEAN car that they towed the boat with!

Okay...  I've got a latte and a scrapbook page to tackle - this is the life!  At least, for the next few minutes, and then they better all come home and give me something to do!  :-)

1 comment: