Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 3, 2011 - The Day Wayne discovered he couldn't marry his Mom

I was tucking Wayne into bed on my birthday, and we ended the day with the following conversation:

Wayne: Mom, I know something. I can't marry you. Boys can't marry their moms, it's just not allowed.

Me: I know buddy, but it's okay. Daddy likes to be married to Mom!

Wayne: I know he does! But what about me? I am going to need a wife someday! How will I know who is supposed to be my wife?

Me: God will show you who He wants to be your wife! He will pick the best one - way better than what you could pick, because God loves you.

Wayne: Hey Mom? I really want to pray right now. I need to ask God to give me a wife when I'm older. Not now, right now I have a mom. But someday when I don't need a mom so much, and I need a wife. I need to pray for God to give me the perfect wife, to make me food.

Me: Okay, let's pray.

Wayne: Dear God. Hey, I really want you to find me the perfect wife. Just for me. Not now, just when I am older. Okay? Just tell me when you find her. Thanks God! In Jesus' name, Amen.

Wayne: Mom? Tell Dad God loves him so much, to give him a wife that's you!

4 comments:

  1. You have a pretty amazing 5-year old! This conversation is so precious and yet made Auntie laugh. I can totally hear the two of you having this conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a deep thinker- Carter has never thought past what he's doing today or tomorrow. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete