Saturday, October 1, 2011

{October} and we've got a routine

I can't believe that today is OCTOBER 1st!  Whew, I blinked, and September was gone!  Okay, maybe I had my eyes squeezed shut the whole month, because I kept having to put a kid on the bus all the time, but....  It still went fast!  I feel like I was a Mom MADE to have kids in school.  Not that I like them being GONE ALL DAY, because I don't, but because there is a certain rhythm and a schedule to our days. An ebb and flow of schedule and activity, and fun things.  I have committed to a morning routine for Monday through Friday that is both military precision and a work of art.  Breakfast at 7am, clothes on at 7:15, shoes, coats and backpacks by the door, and then by 7:30 the kids can play DS, iPad, Legos, or whatever they want until 8am.  Then we head to the front porch, talk about our day, and pray before the kids get on the bus.  I just don't want the 1 hour I get with them before school starts to be crazy and rushed and chaotic.  It's working well for us so far!

By Friday, we were ready for a down day.  Weston was at school in the morning, but as soon as he got home we changed him into scrubbies, and laid low the rest of the day.  I love seeing what the munchkins find to do when left with no TV, DS, or iPad!

Sidenote: These kids are so well trained at this point in their lives, they FIGHT to have me take their picture!  Weston wanted only a picture of him and Wyatt, without Wayne.
 Yup, there he is, still mouthing off to Wayne.
 Now the pushing begins...
 I think that they are smiling now?!?!?
 And Weston and Wyatt, back to their buddy system, "shopping" with Mace and Bumble and their blankies, and a few pictures and....  Whatever else they "needed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment