Sunday, November 6, 2011

Turkey Trot - my "first" 5K!

On Saturday I did my first official 5k in Lynden to support the local girl scouts, with a bunch of gals from my office.  There was a running crew, and a walking crew.  Cathy and I started running, lasted for about a 1/3 of a mile, and then settled into our brisk walking pace.  We finished the 3.1 miles in 45:12 (Cathy finished a few seconds faster... she neglected to tell me she was a SPRINTER in high school!)  It was just a hair longer than what I normally walk, and we kept a good pace the whole way, so definitely a workout, and FUN! Maybe next year I will RUN the whole thing!

PS - the other girls just look tough... it was COLD.  37 degrees cold, and I could not get warm (until we started moving!)

No comments:

Post a Comment