Sunday, January 8, 2012

Two places at once

This week is going to be soooooome week.  So full and crazy that I already wrote down the entire schedule, Monday through Saturday, by the hour and activity/place I have to be.  Now, I confess that the Lord has given me the gift of administration and organization.  But my gift has been put to the test!  With work scheduling and rescheduling meetings, my poor sister-in-law Breanne has had a plethora of emails scheduling and rescheduling times to to watch the kids.  I have work, a doctor's appointment, volunteering at Wayne's school, 4 basketball practices, birthday treats for Weston's class, a church meeting, an evening work meeting, and a welcome dinner for BP, among MANY other things.  It's nuts!  And Monday was proving to be especially difficult.   A work meeting rescheduled three times, and finally settled on 8:30.  But I have a boy who gets on the bus at 8:10 and a boy that has to be at speech at 8:45.  What can I do?  I am only one person.  Skip the work meeting?  Kind of hard, I'm leading it.  Cancel speech?  Not okay - the office has been closed on the last two sessions, so Weston really needs to get back in the swing of things.  Well I may only be one person - but at least I know another Tanya!  :-)  My sweet sweet sister-in-law to the rescue.  I ask, "Can you be at our house by 7:45am, put Wayne on the bus, take Wyatt to Breanne's, and Weston to speech by 8:45?  Then keep Weston all day until after I volunteer at the school?" To which the other Tanya says, "Sure, not a problem"  WHAT!?!?!?  I am so spoiled and blessed to have family who loves our kids like their own.  THANK YOU SISTER.  You will make my day POSSIBLE!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm . . . I just looked at the calendar for the week at our house and the only thing on it is "garbage" on Tuesday-- my reminder to put the garbage out! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why we have 2 Tanya's!! Not everyone gets this in their family. I will take your boys whenever! We love them like our own! They fit in so well here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's the BP benefits dinner, dress casual. I didn't know what to expect and totally overdressed. I got the benefits dinner confused with the gold coin dinner and was expecting appetizers and ice sculptures. That was not the case. :) Jeans and a sweatshirt would have been just fine!

    ReplyDelete