Saturday, February 25, 2012

Last week of Basketball

The last week of basketball was a whirlwind.  I was surprisingly pleased with how well the boys all adjusted - one would play, and 2 would sit on the sidelines.  Most nights they did pretty well, and on those "off" nights I would arrange for a little Scheib bonding time.  MUCH thanks to my dear friend Kristy who came and helped with the boys more than I ever could have asked for.  And to all the family who came out to watch both Wayne and Weston play. Having you watch them sure made the boys happy and proud!  Their faces would just light up as you walked into the gym.  Wayne learned a TON this season, and by the end was playing pretty tough defense, and had learned the value of an assist rather than just shooting the ball himself.  Weston had a lot of fun - and to quote his coach, "I think you play tough enough defense for the whole white team together!"  Feisty is the name of his game.  Even though it got a bit crazy for awhile, doing 4 night per week, plus Tyler's church league, it was well worth it.  Fun to do something as a family, and a GREAT excuse for pizza for dinner!




No comments:

Post a Comment