Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday, Wayne!

Last weekend, Wayne turned SIX.  And I have to say... turning 6 is a monumental birthday.  5 still feels like a baby, but six?  Definitely heading towards "Boy."  (not to be confused with "Big Boy")  We celebrated all weekend, staring out on Friday with his family party, and rounding things out on Sunday with pizza and an ice cream run.  Whew!  Amid all the festivities - I wasn't my stellar self with the camera - so excuse the lack of pictures.  Wayne - someday when you are reading this, know that we spent all weekend having too much fun!  

At his party, after welcoming everyone I had Wayne talk a bit about what it is like to be 6.  He told everyone that 6 year old's like to do their chores, play basketball and baseball, go to school, and they are good at reading.  That sums up his little 6 year old life pretty well!

Hmmm..  I guess these two qualify as "babies" more than a 5 year old, but still...
These two ARE OUR BABIES!  And they always will be.  And I think they like it that way (so far!)
A party isn't a party without Ethan there.  These two are quite the buddies.
Everyone quickly learned Wayne's love for money - "I am saving for a 3DS!"
On his birthday, we opened presents before heading to church.  Wayne was pretty excited!
And Wyatt and Weston were just as excited.
We had just enough time for a little Lego playing before scooting off to church, and from there to the BIG McDonald's by the mall.  The boys ate and played, and then we headed over to TARGET to buy Wayne his 3DS.  He was just a little short, so he sold his old DS to Weston.  It was beyond precious to see the 4 and 6 year old haggle over price and games, but they decided $10 was fair, and the second we walked in the door at home, Weston ran to his piggy bank and forked over the $10 bill.  Wayne handed him the DS, and the shook hands, "Deal!" 
Wayne LOVES his new DS, and the Mario game he bought with all his birthday money.  Weston and he can even "download" together - if you know what that means!
Grandma stopped by with the SECOND Mocha Cake of the weekend.  Seriously - this is the finickiest cake ever, no Baking 101 project.  She made TWO of them, just because she knows it's Wayne's favorite.  And seriously, what 6 year old's favorite cake is a Mocha Cake?

Happy 6th Birthday Wayne! 

You are one amazing kid, and every day we are learning more about who God created you to be.  You are kind, joyful, and full of life.  You are compassionate, and put others before yourself.  Fun loving and eager to try new things - you can out-eat any other kid I know.  I show joy and appreciation, and you love your family so much I think it hurts you sometimes.  You are a great leader to your brothers, and I appreciate all of your help.  Have a GREAT year!

I'll love you forever, I'll pray for you always.  Forever my baby you'll be.
Mom

1 comment: