Saturday, March 3, 2012

PROOF - Project Completion 2012

On December 22, 2004 we moved back into our newly remodeled home (after living at Mom and Dad's).  We spent the next year finishing up all of the major projects: putting in a lawn, painting the house and trim, planting flower beds, and finishing all of the other odds and ends that a major construction project leaves it's handy owners with.  But the ONE project that was ever elusive... the mantel for the fireplace.  Odd, right?  The one thing that everyone sees when they walk into the house - and it took....  6 1/2 years to complete.  Although...  2011 was a rockin' year for progress!  :-)  We finally just got it done, and my sweet mother and her artistic touch came over when the house was quiet one day and stained it.  BEAUTIFUL!    Tyler then told me, "you better take a picture - if the house burns down, I want proof that I finished it."  Well here it is.... PROOF!  

Now, I could have waited until the Duplos were picked up again, but....  then the house might have burned down.  And lets face it...  With Wyatt around, the Duplos are NEVER picked up!  I must say... it is beautiful in there.  Now we are inspired to replace the old windows (next project on the list) and I even took the curtains down.  I have yet to decide whether I am dry cleaning them or replacing them yet.  I better check with my interior designer!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment