A few weeks back I took Wyatt to an ear/nose/throat specialist, to have his ears checked out. After a barrage of ear infections over the past 3 or 4 months, it was time to have a better strategy than antibiotics every 3 weeks! For the entire appointment, Wyatt refused to take his sunglasses off. I swear, it was the ONLY sunny day in March, and the boy was going to WEAR HIS COOL SHADES. When the doctor came in, Wyatt was sitting in this chair, and he turned and looked at the doctor and said, "I awesome!" Dr. Knopps took one look at his ears... actually, just one look at one ear, and we knew we were headed for a small surgery. Two weeks later, we finally got it scheduled, with a rush because we had to time the surgery between ear infections as best we could... seriously!

45 minutes after his surgery started, we were in our car and driving home. It was a rough remainder of the morning - picture me trying to convince Wyatt to snuggle and rock. Wyatt wanted nothing to do with that though - he was agitated and fidgety and wanted to walk around. The problem? He was the closest thing to a drunk 2 year old that you will ever see, and couldn't stay upright when he walked, let alone walk in a straight line. I finally got him to sleep on me while I rocked him, and Weston and Grandma came back from speech 15 minutes later. By noon Wyatt was feeling back to his normal self, and by 4pm he was outside playing in the mud with Wayne. Whew! We made it through!



Nathan and Brandon both had to have tubes. Nathan was 17 months and Brandon was 11 months and both times it was hard to see them haul off your baby!! But - what a change! Good move mama!
ReplyDelete