One thing I remember about growing up in a family of 6... We all did chores! Our family of 6 is no different, and Weston has really been pitching in. At 4 1/2, he does way more than Wayne did at this age, partly due to Wayne's excellent example, I am sure! Weston's latest word is "organizing." He loves to organize his room, and understands the concept of order, grouping, and everything having a place. We recently did a rearrangement (yes, again. I am NEVER done organizing!) and we moved all of his clothes into his closet (after moving all of my photography and scrapping supplies out) and put a dresser and a different TV in his room. We put up a folding table for HIS Lego's, and then we went to town on picking up all the rail road tracks and cars so that we could yet again actually see that his room does indeed have carpet.
After the big reorganization, Weston was HYPER-vigilant about keeping it clean. And then Wyatt and another kid (sorry, can't remember who was over) whirled through like a tornado. Without a word, Weston disappeared for about an hour, only to reappear, asking for me to come and see what he'd done. Expecting to see a train track, I was FLOORED to see that he had cleaned up his room - and done an amazing job! Gone are the days of shoving everything under his bed - this boy knows how to ORGANIZE!
No comments:
Post a Comment