We had a fantastic day yesterday. And better yet? It's 7:05 am as I type this on Black Friday - and I am still home! :-) We spent yesterday morning doing a whole lot of nothing. Playing on the computer, cleaning up a bit, looking through ads, scrapbooking, you get the picture. It was boring and lovely all at the same time. It was finally time to head to Grandma Groen's - and we were thankful to get out of the house! We had such a nice time there. This is the first Thanksgiving that I am truly thankful that our kids are getting older. Sure, Addison is 4 months old, but she is EASY. Such a good baby, it's almost ridiculous. But the boys are getting... easy too!!! I remember the last time we were in Grandma's basement...Look at these first 3 pictures... Two years ago, and Wayne and Ethan look like little babies - don't tell them I wrote that! Weston and Wyatt were all over the place and it was HOT and WILD. I left there sweating and overheating and exhausted. This year? Not so much! Yes, there is Addison now, but she is so stinkin' good, and the boys are good and love to play with all of their cousins, and to see everyone. It was FUN.
I couldn't believe that Trisha brought a craft - and better yet, a clean craft! The boys loved their turkeys, and they all love Aunt Trisha!
Grandma's punch is always a hit. No idea how she makes it, but it's like a slushy and she always has it at holiday parties - and the kids love it!!!
Later on we made our way over to my parents' house to spend a little time with Todd. He got home on Tuesday night and the kids (and the adults) were all so happy to see him.
We spent the evening eating pigs and a blanket and other snacky things, and playing lots of iPad and iPhones. It was nice just to play with the kids, and chat, and look at ads. Mom did a fun craft with the kids to get ready for Christmas, and Addison got her share of snuggles once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment