"Train up a child in the way they should go." Proverbs 22:6
Friday, March 13, 2009
the "BIG WHOOP" ultrasound
We called it the "big whoop" ultrasound, because while it was great to watch our very active baby shake and shimmy for 45 minutes... we still don't know what it is! As of today, I am 20 weeks and 4 days through this pregnancy. Even though I tried up until the last minute, we did not peek! Hence, no full body pictures, but we got a few other good ones. You tell me... does "it" look like a girl or a boy? Everything looked really good. The baby measured right on, and weighs about 14 oz. He/she has plenty of room in there, as we caught it lounging back, with it's legs crossed at the ankles. Wayne and Weston have cleared the way for nice, roomy accomodations! The heart rate was 152.
You are right...this is "BIG WHOOP"!! Here's hoping for a girl!! Just wish you could have gotten Tyler to break and find out what this little one is. Glad to know baby is healthy!!
I always went with the heart rate theory when I was pregnant (many moons ago )..... I can't remember the cut off # but something like: if it was over 140=girl under 140=boy ...... A heart rate in the 150's makes me think GIRL!!!
By the pics and the video I say "it" is a girl!!! With Jaycee, our ultrasound person, said "it" was a girl before even looking at the parts necessary to determine that. Jaycee's hands were around her face and her mouth was moving!!! (Rumor has it girls talk a lot!) So by that he already knew our baby was a girl!!! Thanks for sharing! So glad that you and baby are doing fabulous!!!
You are right...this is "BIG WHOOP"!! Here's hoping for a girl!! Just wish you could have gotten Tyler to break and find out what this little one is. Glad to know baby is healthy!!
ReplyDeleteI love the video clips! How did you manage to get them?
ReplyDeleteSuzanne
Our doctor's office now puts a few JPEG's and movie clips onto a CD for each patient at their 20 week anatomical ultrasound. Yippee!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad baby Silves is happy and healthy inside its Mama! :)
ReplyDeleteI always went with the heart rate theory when I was pregnant (many moons ago )..... I can't remember the cut off # but something like: if it was over 140=girl under 140=boy ......
ReplyDeleteA heart rate in the 150's makes me think GIRL!!!
I think it's "it" looks like a girl! So glad everything checked out A-OK.. hope you are feeling well and not overdoing it!
ReplyDeleteI'm going girl on this one. Baby Silves looks perfect! I love the thumbs up pic.
ReplyDeleteBy the pics and the video I say "it" is a girl!!! With Jaycee, our ultrasound person, said "it" was a girl before even looking at the parts necessary to determine that. Jaycee's hands were around her face and her mouth was moving!!! (Rumor has it girls talk a lot!) So by that he already knew our baby was a girl!!! Thanks for sharing! So glad that you and baby are doing fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing miracle! Can't wait to meet him/her! Who cares what he/she is - we'll love them just the same!!
ReplyDelete