Monday, March 16, 2009

machine down! machine down!

Just an FYI on where your avid blogger has been... My hard drive died. It's not recoverable, not even by the 'Puter Tech Man. Yes I am sad, but I am coping. I am just wanting it replaced so I can start recovering what I did back up about a month ago, and recreating what I've lost from the last month. This is a HORRID time to lose it... I was working on a scrapbooking class, photos from Wayne's birthday, and stuff for the wedding. Ugh. Oh well. There are far worse things in life. Stay tuned though, I will post the link to an online backup service that charges $50 per year for unlimited storage/backup. Way cheaper than an extra drive!!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't ever back up my personal stuff!! You'll have to ball me out for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! Our computer crashed in January (the night before Ernie was set to back up to our new external hard drive) and our most recent backup was from TWO YEARS ago. Hope you're back up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We feel your pain also--ours crashed last Nov. We now have a external hard drive..It wasn't that expensive.. So now we are loading all our pics again and I lost forms--and we sure feel better now being covered!! Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too Much Downloading!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for recovering with such grace. I would have never known at our class tonight that you had dealt with such a catastrophe. And if you are wondering...I am already downloading digitreats as I write. No blame assigned, but I think I am hooked! Jen

    ReplyDelete