Thursday, March 26, 2009

what's up?

Hi everyone, what's up? There are many, many of you who I haven't heard from in awhile, either by phone (sorry, 3 weeks left in tax season and then I will again be scheduling coffee dates!) or by your COMMENTS on the blog. Although, I don't blame you, I've had some very boring posts lately. My friend and I refer to all of you who read and don't comment as "lurkers." Quietly reading along, but never telling me you are there! I am sometimes shocked to be out and about and then talk to someone who says, "Oh, I read your blog!" or "My daughter follows your blog. She showed me...." Too funny folks! :0) Glad you all keep coming back, even if you are just lurking!

We are now EIGHT days away from the wedding. First and foremost, I am so glad that it is not my own wedding day. I can only ever endure one of those, and it happened almost 8 years ago. I am DONE getting married! Good thing God hit me over the head with the most wonderful, irreplaceable male on this earth. All of your husbands have to come in as a distant second to my own dear sweet hubby. He is so good to me, he's nuts! And never more so than when I am pregnant, and in the middle of tax season. He helps out around here a ton, and does whatever he needs. He even planned a bachelor party for my brother! Amazing. The only thing he won't do is touch my stomach to feel the baby move... that TOTALLY freaks him out! Today I am meeting a friend at the church to run through the lighting for the pictures for the wedding. I am hoping it is a descent day weather wise, and we will also shoot outside. Amanda will be my assistant for the day (isn't she sweet!?! We will have sooo much fun together, and she'll calm me down if I freak out!) I have my shot list together, and will do an equipment check this afternoon. Otherwise, I'm ready for photography! I do have a few other small things to order from the print stop that I am helping Breanne with, and a bridal shower this Saturday night at the Olive Garden (Tyler and the boys are going to dinner at Boundary Bay.) But wow.... EIGHT Days!
Our dear sweet children are currently eating us out of house and home. I can't believe what those two munchkins pack away. I can only imagine when they turn 16.. I remember my brothers eating an entire pound of bacon in one sitting (oops... hopefully Mom is too busy with wedding stuff to check my blog! I don't know if she knew that...) Weston is just an awful napper, no news there! :0) But, he does go to bed by 7 (sometimes earlier!) and typically sleeps all night (on occasion he wakes up an hour or two after going down and needs me to rock him for 30 seconds. No joke, 30 seconds and he's ready to go down again!) Wayne is talking a ton, and is a busy precious boy. What he doesn't come up with! He is doing great at going potty on the pot, and even goes all on his own when I tell him to. Poopies.... not so much, but what can you do? He'll get it one of these days. He's also sleeping in the top bunk now... Scary! I did put up an extra, taller rail though, it makes me feel better!

Enjoy the pics!
Stuffing his face with banana, laughing at me!
Weston LOVES Jay-Jay the Jet plane. Personally, they freak me out a little. They are just unnatural!Sound asleep.This is just wrong! :-) Way too high up.Weston, after yet another stripping episode (cropped for your viewing pleasure!)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures! I'm so glad I get to be "in" on some of the wedding festivities . . . less you'll have to fill me in on later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a "lurker"... more like "lazy". :) I guess I can try blaming it on my slow internet connection, but that wouldn't be entirely fair. I always think about making a comment but then decide not to because I feel like it needs to be witty or something. I promise to be a better "commentor" on everyone's blogs from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so about the whole stripping thing with Weston - who's he like - dad or mom? I just had to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update!!! The boys' room looks fabulous! I LOVE Weston's protest, by the picture he is getting pretty darn good at it!!! I know you will do a wonderful job capturing memories for your brother's wedding!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I have been lurking for some time now, guess its time to come out to the closet!
    Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'll admit...I'm a lurker. I first saw your blog link on Kate's and thought I would check it out because I've known Trisha for so long (nice visiting with you at her shower), but you sucked me in. Your posts are too funny, gives me some insight on what to expect from Dawson as he gets older!

    ReplyDelete