Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oh the things you say and do...

Hey Wayne!

This one's for you dude. I hope that one day, when you are a strapping 6'4" and hanging out at our house with all of your friends, you all come across this and they get a good laugh at the things you did when you were three!!!

First off... You've had a runny nose lately. You are not one of those kids who doesn't care about snot running down your face, or even into your mouth. At the slightest touch of a drip, you freak out. You come running to me, screaming "Nose! Nose! Wipe now Mom!" And I, being the ever loving, doting mom, who has completely given up staying snot, poop or urine free for an entire day, will help you by finding a rag or something for you to wipe your nose on. Problem is, the weather's been nice, and sometimes (okay, a lot of the times) we have been outside. There is no snot rag out there (my hands are full getting you and Weston and all your toys and my garden tools out there!) So what does a good Mom do? I give you my shirt. You don't like to wipe it on your own shirt, that would be gross. So of course, when Auntie Breanne was over, and we were enjoying our coffee and girl talk, you walked right up to me, smeared your precious snot all over my good shirt, and walked off as if nothing had happened. Breanne just sat there in shock... did that really just happen? Yes, it did, and just wait until her little boy does it to her!

Next up... The binkie. One of these days I need to get it away from you, and as much as I respect the SuperNanny and she says you are too big for it, I just don't care. It's not a battle I'm willing to wage at this point, so, whatev. However, I do take it from you during the day when we're at home, because I like to understand what you are saying! It was almost naptime, and you were very, very tired. I bent down to give you a hug, and you asked for your bink. I told you that I didn't have it, and you asked, "Mom, hide it?" I said no, and before I could blink, you pulled my shirt down to see if it was hiding in "the girls." Now lovey, I know that I occasionally put Weston's binkie there when I have no hands and no pockets, and I've OCCASIONALLY forgotten about them until late into the night, BUT... I guarantee you I will not put YOUR binkie there. Ever. I promise. So go look for it in the drawer, cabinet, or Dad's pocket, that will be a much surer bet.

And finally... the bodyguard. Little dude, you are Weston's biggest protector and advocate. You stand at the bottom of the stairs, blocking my way, saying "Weston no go ni-night. He not tired. Stop Mom!" Of course, I still put him down for his nap, but it's cute you try on his behalf. You share your snacks with him, and often I here you stopping him from getting into trouble by shouting at him "Wesson no, no, big owie!" Thank you for loving him so much, for looking out for him, and for being such a big helper. I so love that in you, and how compassionate you are when he does get hurt. You pat him on the head, give him a hug, and then bring him a toy, usually one of YOUR favorites.

I guess there is one more thing... We've been working on the potty training thing since mid January, and you are doing GREAT with going potty on the pot, and are even starting to tell us when you have to go. But Wayne? Please, please, please could you use the pot to go stinky too? It's just gross cleaning you up. You are too big a boy, with too big of ____ to keep going in your pull up. As soon as you figure this out, I'll let you wear your Thomas the train undies all the time. But until then... ain't happenin!

All for now dude! You and Weston are outside with Dad, and I'm going to go join you. Maybe you could give Weston another ride in your truck!

I'll love you forever Wayne!
Mom

2 comments:

  1. So funny. The girls are a great hiding place!!! And is any mom ever snot, poo or pee free? No. It does get better though. I have to say i only have a little of one of those 3 on me today....wont say what one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to post one like this about my boys now - at their age! But I am wiser then that - but it sure would be fun!!

    ReplyDelete