Okay, I think we left off around 2:30...
2:30pm - Wayne wakes up, and announces "I waked up!" from the top of the stairs, at which point Weston announces he's awake too. We spend 15 minute snuggling on the couch, the three of us.
2:45- We make iced coffee's for Dad and Uncle Ryan, load up the boys, and head to the construction site. I marinate the steak for dinner.
3:15 - We bring coffee, visit the boys, and get the hairbrained idea that we should have Ryan and Tara for dinner, since I have plenty of steak anyway
3:30 - We head home and call Tara, who after working all day is all for dinner at our house. She offers to bring something, but I tell her I got it covered.
3:35 - I realize that I can't just invite Ryan and Tara, I should invite the rest of the "commune" too (that's what I call the folks who live together on the hill! :0) Mom and Dad have Tyson and Breanne living upstairs for the next few months as Tyson works from the Bellingham office, and Ryan and Tara are still in the shop until their house is done this fall.) I call Mom and Breanne, who offer to bring the carbs (since I don't have any around here!) Garlic bread and garlic mashed potatoes. I realize I need a few more steaks, call Tara, who brings another few steaks, along with ice cream cone fixin's for dessert.
4 to 5pm - The boys and I relax and play a few games, I clean up the backyard.
5pm - I got my fried onions, cauliflour and sauce made up, along with a tossed green salad and make sure the steaks are ready to go.
6:00 - I start getting the veggie's fried up, only to have to little boys crying for me to hold them, grabbing my legs as I'm in front of the stove. Putting safety first, I put them in the playroom and lock the gate. They cry for 2 minutes, then start giggling as they play
6:15 - The family shows up! Everyone helped finalize things, and we spent the next three hours relaxing, eating, laughing and chatting. It was DELIGHTFUL and I even felt like I got a break and a chance to enjoy and visit. Having the boys on their own turf makes things so much easier!
9:15 - Everyone leaves, and I log on to my laptop to finish some work for tomorrow, then give myself a shot.
10:15 - Tyler has showered and I am done blogging with you all, so it's time to fall into my bed. I'll be asleep before the light's out, I'm sure!
seriously, even prego with two other kids you do WAY more than I do! I like to blame my lack of housework on the little person that is attached to me ALL day long. I can't wait for the day when he can play without having me in the same room!
ReplyDelete