Sunday, June 28, 2009

4th of July... Sumas style!

We had our annual BBQ at Tom and Amanda's again this year, with a whopping 15 adults, and 13 kids (I think, you try counting that many moving munchkins!) Every year, I think it gets more wild, but that adds to the fun. At least that's what I keep telling myself. And every year, difficult as it might be, we herd the kids (as many as we can!) into a group photo. It's fun to look at them from one year to the next!

The INFAMOUS annual kid pic... Woo-hoo!!! This first one is from this year, and the indoor picture was taken last August with a lot of the same kids. Crazy, isn't it?

Our boys eating dinner with Isaac and Owen. Weston and Owen were eating as much off of the other's plate as their own, but as long as they eat, Kelli and I don't care!

Grace was sneaking food from Weston. He had such a mess going, there was no way he was going to miss a watermelon or hotdog!
For the first part of the BBQ, many of the Dad's took over "kid patrol" so that the mom's could get food together and visit before the kids got crabby. I love seeing people I grew up with as Dad's... we're getting old.
And later, the girl's moved down the hill and were monitoring, while visiting of course!
Bless Tyler, he was on Weston duty most of the night. Let's just say that with a little more than three weeks until I deliver, Weston's legs are faster than mine these days! Man, that kid can RUN!
Byron and Dana had flown in in the early AM on Saturday, and made it to the BBQ too. We follow their kids on her blog all the time, so seeing them in person was a little strange, because they were oddly familiar! :0)

Wayne spent a good part of the night on this tractor, carrying it to the top of the hill, then riding it down. Thanks Grace for sharing your toys!
Dads on duty... again!
Weston roaming........................again!


After the BBQ, 9 adults and 7 kids walked down to the Sumas ball fields to watch the annual fireworks show. After a good long walk (I swear, if I go into labor early, I owe Tom BIG time!) we settled on a spot. Sorry, no pictures as I was too pooped to get up and get my camera! I snuggled Weston, and Tyler had Wayne. I barely watched the fireworks myself though, because I was enjoying the expressions on Weston's and Wayne's faces waaaay more. Just their excitement and awe, and the HUGE smile on Wayne's face, despite the late night and the rain.... Hard to forget moments like that, and they make the crazyness of the night more than worth it. We are SO blessed with two wonderful little boys, I can't wait for baby #3 to join the crowd!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures!!! It was so fun to see everyone and have the kids playing together!!! Can't wait for the next time we are up to do it all over again! Just think we will have more kids to add! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pictures, i love the last year/this year of all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traditions are fun! I didn't get many pictures taken at our annual 4th picnic - I'm the only one taking pics and they all crab at me! :-( I'll post the few I got)

    ReplyDelete