Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One week left

to work. Why does it seem like such a long time? Oh well. I can definitely tell that we are nearing the end here... Everyone I see seems to say something along the lines of, "I didn't think you looked pregnant, but now I can really tell!" or "Wow, you sure are getting B-I-G." Lovely folks, just what I wanted to hear. At last measurement, I was 48 inches around, so I'm thinking I should hit a nice even 50 inches before this baby decides to take the off ramp outta here. It is head down, and by down I mean d.o.w.n in the very literal sense of the word. Estimated size is 6lbs. 13oz or so at this point, which would put it around 8 1/2 pounds at birth, pretty similar to the boys. The heart rate continues to be in the 130's and 140's, and it is still very active. Wayne was so cute the other night... He was sitting next to me on the couch finishing a snack, very slowly. I asked him if his tummy was full, and while patting his stomach he told me, "No, my baby is kicking me." Where do you think he got that from??? Then, last night, he asked if the baby was in my belly, and when I said yes, he said, "I go see him!" I peeled back the layers of my shirt, tank top, and maternity panel of my pants, and once he'd found bare skin, he peered one-eyed at my belly button, then exclaimed, "I no see it! Baby's tired, go ni-night!" He covered everything back up, grabbed his blankie, and snuggled the baby. So cute! Hopefully he feels the same way once the baby comes! :-)

Moving on.... can you believe that it's JULY!?!? Unbelievable. June went so fast, and I know July and August are going to be even worse! Our next week or so are pretty full... Last coffee dates with friends before the baby comes, doctor's appointments, photoshoots, final preparations (I'm not as anal this time, but there are a few things that should be done!) parties, showers, and last minute projects to finish for other people.... The list is long, but I have no doubt we can get through it. And I'm going to need to schedule plenty of resting/napping in (at least 20 minutes each day... hey, be happy I'm shooting for that!) because I am getting tired! It's currently 79 degrees, and I am just waiting for the thermometer to tick over to the 80 mark. Bring on SUMMER!

2 comments:

  1. How did you get music to play? I love it! Good luck in the coming weeks. My cousin and another friend are all due about the same time too. It is a baby summer!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of advice-some ovens cook a little faster so Be Packed and Ready! I think I am more anxious waiting out in Iowa! I am packed and almost ready to go camping this weekend with all the kids,son in laws, horses, boat, bikes and Yes-food! Did I forget anything? Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete