Thursday, July 9, 2009

3 Wayne stories

1. Do you love me?

Wednesday morning was my last "day" of work, with Tyler off and at home with the boys. Weston was down for a morning snooze (pretty normal for him lately.... new rule: you cry=you sleep!) and Tyler and Wayne were snuggling together on the couch reading books. Apparently Tyler would tell Wayne "I love you Wayne" every few minutes, and after a few times, finally asked him, "Do you love Dad?" Wayne looked at him sideways with a smirk, and said, "You not Dad, you Tyler!"

2. Is this normal?

Wayne was in the kitchen eating a snack while I did the dishes, and Tyler was taking Weston to the laundry room for a diaper change. All of a sudden I hear a loud "OW! Weston no!" When I asked what happened, Tyler said that in the middle of a bear hug from Weston, Weston bit him on the shoulder. He said, "That's not normal for a little kid, Wayne never did that!" I replied, "Yes, it is normal. Wayne was abnormal!" (All of this of course was with raised voices because I was in the kitchen and he was still in the laundry room!) Wayne looked at me with a big smile, and started chanting, "Wayne abnormal! I abnormal!" Tyler came out of the laundry room and just stood there laughing at the ongoing chant. Hey, it's the truth! :-)

Italic
3. He pushed me hard!

Grandpa brought by a new toy for the boys... A Little Tikes boat that they can climb in and out of. We thought they'd have fun with it, and when it's just one of them, they do. However, when they both are playing with it, things can get.... dicey. Wayne had one leg in and one leg out, when Weston caught sight of him from across the room. He went running to Wayne and the boat, grabbed Wayne by the shoulders, and THREW HIM to the ground, then climbed in the boat with a big, cheesy grin on his face. Wayne pouted on the floor saying, "Wesson pushed me, he pushed me hard!" Brothers, boys.... It's only going to get more rough, and they will become more tough!

2 comments:

  1. How funny! Julia still wonders how she survived her toddler years with brother Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ain't seen nuthin' yet sista!! Did you know that an elbow can punch a hole in sheetrock!?!?

    ReplyDelete