Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I SOOO owe my Mom, and I never thought I could fall in love with 9,000 BTU's!

As you all well know, it's H-O-T!!! 96 degrees hot, and rising to be exact. My Grandma registered 111 degrees in the sun yesterday evening. That's HOT! With THREE boys, and one of them newborn, I was DESPERATE for an air conditioning unit this morning. DESPERATE I tell you!!! I found out the Hardware Sales was expecting a shipment in, and mom was able to be there just as it arrived and grab us one (and one for herself) before they were sold out again (Lowe's, Home Depot, and numerous others are sold out.) It's been running for 30 minutes or so, and already our family room has dropped 3 degrees. Praise the Lord! I didn't think I was going to survive the rest of this week in this heat, but now I don't plan on leaving the family room, except for short bathroom and kitchen breaks. Thank you Mom!

In other news.... my nephew was born yesterday!!! Treven Bryson was born at 1:10pm weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz. and was 20 inches long. He is cute! I thought he had Breanne's eyes, but Tyson's nose and mouth. I am so, so excited for them, and think that it is beyond fantastic that Wyatt has a little buddy to grow up with, only 8 days younger. We are in for some serious trouble from them someday, I think!!! I'll try to post a few pics later on, until then, I'm going to go stand in front of the AC! Hope you are all managing to stay cool in this, drink lots of water, italian sodas and iced lattes.... like we're doing!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Tyson and Breanne! That's exciting. Can't wait to see pictures. Hopefully you guys stay cool. Who knew right after Wyatt was born, that's when it would get ridiculously hot! Hope to see you soon at church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing your computer is in that room! I expect to see Wyatt's baby pics digitally scrapped any day now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete