Happy Father's Day to any of you out there who are reading this blog. I am sure you are one of only few, and therefore you are special in my eyes! :0)
Father's Day is always special around here. Mainly, I think it's because it's so important to Tyler. It's not the "celebrate him" part that is special, rather it's that he feels so blessed and fortunate to be able to BE a dad to our kids. Tyler's dad died when he was 8 years old, and I know for many years, Father's Day was tough for him. I'll never forget the first year that we had Wayne. I thought that Father's Day was a day to celebrate Tyler being the most amazing Dad, and the best way to do that was to give him a break from the baby and his duties and just let him relax. Tyler's idea of a perfect day was far different.... He wanted to change every diaper, outfit, and do everything with Wayne accept nurse him. What???!!!!??? That to me shows the kind of Dad he is. He would sacrifice and do anything for his kids, as many, many Dads would. For me, what makes him special, is how much he truly appreciates every moment he spends with our boys, and how he soaks up their snuggles, teasing, and laughter. He is such a natural with them, and such a help to me. I feel so undeserving and guilty when I think of what a wonderful husband he is to me, and how blessed I am to have him as the father of my kids. Not only does he make pretty cute little boys (and who knows, maybe soon a girl!) but he has boundless energy and patience with them, and me. He jumps in and helps out constantly. Baby #3 isn't even here yet, and he is already such an amazing Dad to she/he. Folks, I'm embarrassed to say how much he helps me around here, and that I let him so that I can sit down and rest. My blood pressure today was 105/58, which is STINKIN' LOW and I give all credit to him. He helps out so that I can relax, and if he's in charge, I know I don't need to worry about a thing. How many women can say that? I love you Tyler, you are our hero.
And to my Dad, thank you. We bought you the perfect card, but Weston threw it out of the cart before I noticed it was missing. It said something to the effect of, "You've given me all the tools I need to be a successful and happy person, and don't worry, I've put them all back in the garage!" More than anything, I think my Dad has always known and understood my strengths, and encouraged me to use them. He understands how I think. I love that Dad understands some of Tyler's feelings, both of them having had their dads die when they were young. The Lord works in amazing ways, doesn't He? I love seeing my Dad as a Grandpa. The boys adore him, and he is SUCH a softie. And now for a childhood memory.... Every once in awhile on Sunday mornings, it was clippers time. Dad lined all of us kids up on the deck, and clipped all of our fingers and all our toes, and then his own. He counted by 5's and 10's until he had done all 100 fingers and toes! Too funny.... I'm up to 60, and soon to be 80... Like I said, he is my hero!
Don't you just wish you had pics of you kids all lined up with your 100 toes and dad with the clippers. What a great scrap page that would've made!! :-)
ReplyDeleteMy brother Bill still amazes me!
ReplyDelete