I just thought I'd pass along our lawn care advice for the fall season. I have it on good authority (from my buddy at VanderGiessen's nursery) that we are indeed following proper protocol for Northwest lawn care. Here's the skinny.
- Mow and edge your lawn, one last time.
- Clean out flower beds, dead head, pull annuals, trim perennials.
- Apply Moss Out to your lawn, if moss is an issue. I use Lilly Miller.
- A few days later, go back and add lime. Lime is cheap. It sweetens your soil and helps all of your fertilizer to work better (helps your lawn to absorb the nitrates.)
- One week after that, apply Scott's Winterguard fertilizer. This stuff rocks. Contrary to popular belief, if you are only ever going to fertilizer your lawn once, do it in the fall. If you care/can afford more, then do it in the fall, and then in early spring and every 6 weeks after that.
When are you coming by to get things spruced up for me? I weeded EVERYTHING spotless the last weekend of Sept. and now it looks like I never touched it! I thought THAT was going to be my last weeding of the season!?!?! :-(
ReplyDelete