Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Insanity

is defined as doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.


I recalled this fact after looking under the couch for the FIFTH time for my missing laptop mouse. The fifth time. Weston woke up from his nap just as I was finishing a work phone call. He wanted the mouse, so in an effort to keep him from arching his back, throwing his head back and letting out a screech that would deafen anyone within 100 yards, I flicked it to the "off" position and set it down.


And 3 minutes later when I hung up the phone....

It.Was.Gone.

I have spent an hour searching for the thing, to no avail. I am now convinced it is in the same location as Tyler's 10 rolls of quarters, and the toy room DVD player remote. NONE of these things were supposed to be in reach of our delightful two year old. And ALL are now missing. Really missing. Where on earth, or in this house, could they be?



And yes, I've already checked the toilet.

3 comments:

  1. 1 down and 2 to go!!!

    I just found the mouse! It was in Tyler's drawer in the laundry room. Yesssss. Not bad for two hours of searching?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I just did the same thing with the lint trap in my dryer. I tore the house apart, searched everywhere, and finally called Nick to see if he would have any idea. He suggested that I look under the dryer. Yep, there it was. Why didn't I think of that! The 10 rolls of quarters thing is odd. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a few things that have disappeared too. We figure they must all be in the same place, wherever that is!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete