Growing up, back to school shopping was a huge tradition. As I got older, I'd save all my babysitting money, and then IT WAS TIME. We didn't pick up a few things here and there, we went on one day, hit the sales, and came home with a new wardrobe, shoes, everything!
With Wayne starting preschool this year, and me being saddened by it, I decided it was time to revive the tradition, and CELEBRATE how big and fun he is becoming. Grandma cleared her schedule, and came along for the mad dash of shopping!!!! We hit TJ Maxx, Target and Old Navy. Our first stop was TJ Maxx. I wasn't sure if Wayne would get a new back pack, because he has one but it really is too big for him for everyday use. When we got in the store, they had an entire wall of backpacks, and of course there was lots of Toy Story and dorky cartoon/character bags. I heard Wayne, excitedly pulling on my hand and yelling, "This one! This one is for me!" He had picked an all black backpack, with the "W" husky logo on it. Are you kidding me? It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen, both the bag, and that Wayne thought the W was just for him.
We did well at Target too, finding a coat, a few supplies, and a tshirt or two. Wayne was getting tired, so he hitched a ride to the car....
We hit Uncle Donald's and La Patisserie for lunch, then went back to Old Navy where I dropped.... $175 on clothes for the boys only. Sheeesh! Growing boys=Lots of dough! :-) I got great sales, and 30% off the entire purchase, so ultimately saved a lot, but I can't believe how fast things add up!
After Old Navy, Wayne was amped to hit the next store, he told me, "I love shopping for my clothes, it's fun!"
Enjoy it now, because he's going to figure out that he hates shopping soon. Oh well, send the boys fishing with daddy and have a girl's day! :)
ReplyDeleteBack in the day we would do all our shopping at Sportsworld and New Crescent . . . we didn't even get to go to "town"! Can't wait to see what Wayne picks to wear for his big FIRST day.
ReplyDeleteDrew wanting nothing to do with back to school shopping. We got Drew the same back pack, he was pretty excited about that!
ReplyDelete