Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wayne's First Day of Preschool

We had a great morning, getting ready for the big day.  Wayne was so excited...  he wanted pop tarts for breakfast, and he was excited to put on his shirt.  After playing with trains for a little while, it was time for a round of pictures before we left.  He dutifully indulged me!
Tyler's all time favorite movies are the "Rocky" series...  Wayne LOVES his Rocky shirt, and had to give me "the pose."  I can practically hear Tyler moaning, "Yo Adri!"
Isn't he precious?
We loaded all the kids, and drove him to school together.  This is me gripping Tyler's hand like my life depended on it on the way there....
And here's Wayne, going into the door of his very first school.  He said he didn't need me to hold his hand, he was a preschooler now!!!
Wayne went right in to class, washed his hands, and started playing.  He was sooo excited!  When I told him that I was going to go (I didn't want to hang around and create a problem) he said to wait, he had to give me a big kiss.  Then, he made sure there would be a snack, and that his Dad would come and get him, and then told me, "Okay, mom, I love you!" 
And I love you too Wayne!



Poor Weston was lost without his big brother for the morning.  Tyler said he roamed the house for 2 1/2 hours, not knowing what to do.  Before we left to bring Wayne, Weston had to stick his favorite bear in his own "pack-pack" and pose for his "First day of Wayne's Preschool" picture. 
P.S.  Weston, don't get any crazy ideas about going to school anytime.  You are still TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL!

2 comments:

  1. Okay...this post brought tears to my eyes. Seeing those pictures of Wayne...WOW!

    Auntie is so glad that he had a great first day! I can't wait to hear more about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this! The first pic of Wayne is my favorite, just adorable. Poor Weston is right!!! I can't wait to see his face when Wayne goes off to college!!!! SO cute he had his bear for a pic on Wayne's first day! Made my morning!

    ReplyDelete