Saturday, January 22, 2011

{the WHITE stuff}

 
To say there was a lot of HUB BUB around here the morning we woke up and the ground was COVERED in the white stuff, and it was still falling would be the first major understatement of 2011!  The boys were beyond thrilled.  Me?  Not so much.  I know that sounds bad, but I had a ton of stuff to do, and didn't really want to go out with them, and I didn't want Wyatt out in the cold.  I put off going outside, until the two big boys came to me, Weston smiling sweetly, and Wayne proposing a deal... "We'll clean up this whole room, if we can go outside."  DEAL!  The family room was covered in toys, two feet deep!  :-)  They had it cleaned up in 10 minutes flat (mental note - they can clean the whole room, all by themselves, when properly motivated) and so on went their clothes, and out the back door they went! 

And they were HAPPY.


 HAPPY, but they couldn't BOTH have looked at me, and smiled, at the same time.  Happiness happens every day.  Miracles?  Not so much! :-)

 And here's a SHINING brotherly moment.  Wyatt was staring out the doors at the boys, wimpering a bit, when suddenly both boys disappeared from sight.  I noticed them sneaking up to the back door a few minutes later, each with a snowball in each hand.  When they were within a few feet, they popped up and pelted the door, and scared Wyatt half to death!  Brothers!
 Now snow fall is complete without the arrival of Frosty.  Wayne volunteered Weston's hat.  Nice.

 Is this a sad picture, or what?  Next time little buddy!



And that afternoon, they all slept for three hours, at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment