Sunday, February 6, 2011

More fun in the Gym.

Wayne has been having fun with basketball.  That was our goal... for him to have fun!  He's had a couple of practices where he is connected to either Tyler or I at the hip, but all in all, it's gone pretty well.  Our 2 on 2 games in the garage seem to have helped him understand things the most....  We play for popsicles and afternoon coffee making duty!  :-)  Wayne and I against Daddy and Weston.  Fun times!

Just before Wayne's last game, he ran into his friend from preschool at the gym.  I'm told that they are friends because she is the tallest girl and he is the tallest boy in class.  
 Here's one of those clingy moments... Wayne wouldn't leave his Daddy's side!

 And it went in!
 Strategizing.  I heard a little boy on Wayne's team say, "We're gonna get beat bad.  They are all a bunch of 5 year olds!"  Still makes me chuckle!
 Atta boy Wayne - go after the ball!
All in all, it's been a good experience.  Completely weird and strange to see our little baby out there, but really good for him to spread his wings a bit. It's also completely strange to see kids we went to highschool with, sitting on the sidelines watching THEIR kids, just like we are.  The next generation of "ballers" is in the making!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment