Thursday, February 24, 2011

Silves Boy Update!

Talk about a LOT going on these days!  Here's an update on each of the boys!

Wayne: Wayne is doing GREAT!  He is loving preschool, and to quote his teacher "I wish I had 10 boys like Wayne!"  He is conscientious, compassionate, smart, and sweet.  He just finished up his very first basketball league at the YMCA, and enjoyed himself.  There were a FEW moments of 4 year oldness, but there were also a lot of fun being had with his team mates, learning to be independent and listen to his coach, playing with other boys his age,(a few that will be at his school with him in the fall) and an activity for the cold weather!  Oh yes, and he also just went to the eye doctor, and will be getting glasses in the next week or so!  It wasn't a big surprise, I had suspected he needed them.  And the great thing is that because we caught his eye issues (he's farsighted) as an almost five year old, with glasses we can hopefully help him to overcome the need for glasses.  Weird, right?  But I guess that's how it works!  His brain is still building pathways with his eyes, and help his eyes to see right will cause those pathways to build, rather than not and need glasses for life.  Time will tell!  In the meantime - he's excited for the glasses so he can play Lego's without getting a headache!
 
 Weston:  Weston is doing well.  We have been through a gamut of follow up appointments and tests in the past few months, and I THINK we finally have some answers (and results!)  Speaking of results...  I slept for EIGHT HOURS last night, with only Tyler in our bed.  WOOOHOOOO!  :-)  Weston was only up once, and he went right back to sleep in his own bed.  How did we get there?  Well....  turns out he is completely normal from a neurological perspective, which we found out from his sleep study.  That's a praise!  :-)  Disappointing for the no answers, for sure, except the night before we got the results, I had the epiphany that I think his acid reflux from infant-hood is back....  I talked with our pediatrician, who put him back on Prevacid, and what do you know?  He's been sleeping better ever since.  Now, he's built some BAD habits into his nights, and over the next 5 nights we will be breaking those (coming to our room, getting in our bed, etc.) but I have never felt more optimistic.  In addition to the reflux, he also has low iron stores in his liver, etc. so he is taking a supplement for that, and his is almost done with his antibiotics for pneumonia, AND is taking a pro biotic that has really helped with his stomach aches!  So, with the help of a few simple pills, it seems as though Weston had a number of things going on, that were all culminating into crummy sleep.  We expected to find one BIG thing, but I am so thankful everything is a small, no big deal, type of thing instead!!!  He is starting to talk more and more too, and that's exciting!
 And last but by no means least, here's Wyatt!:  Wyatt is the most easy going little guy you've ever known, and continues to be.  He did come down with RSV and Broncialitis, and then an ear infection, but we've been on top of it all week, giving him steam treatments, suctioning him out, and giving him LOTS of snuggles.  I found him laying on our bed, in Wayne's arms yesterday, snuggling and watching a show.  Seriously?  What 18 month do you know that will do that?  :-)  Wayne was loving it!  Wyatt is running around, and has really started climbing things too... Yikes!  Thankfully, he has plenty of "safety police" around here to bust him!  :-)
Did I mention that each of these boys is about the most precious thing ever?  I'm soaking up our time with each of them before they get BIGGER!  :-)

P.S.  If you like their pics, be sure to hit me up for one, I've got plenty to give out!

5 comments:

  1. Auntie needs each of these ADORABLE pics of her PRECIOUS boys!!

    It has been such a privilege and so fun to be a part of each of these boys' life and to watch them grow and change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these may be your best pictures ever. LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news! Loved reading all of the latest fun around your home. Abby is extremely far-sighted, we found out just before she turned 5. She got glasses about a month into preschool and after she turned 5 (Sept. b'day). Now we are 9 1/2 and thanks to basketball this year, we have contacts! We too were told it might correct itself over the years, but have to say I have never imagined that to be true. Her eyes haven't changed over the years and it is in Derek's family like crazy. Reading this reminds me of my need to have hope and faith for all things! If you need glasses tips, let me know. I know of all the great places to buy them. You'll need more than one pair and a transition lens pair was a must for our blue eyed girl in the summertime.

    Beautiful pics!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics are all so cute!!! Great job!! I just redid Amy's baby album--and most pics are pathetic but oh, well, I guess they are better than nothing.... Would love a copy of each!! You can leave mine at Beppe's--I'm there once a week--we've begun eliminating..very slowly..pool room is almost done!! Or I will see you March 13!!! Love, Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so adorable Tanya! They're growing up so fast, I can't believe it. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete