Poor Wyatt's cold took a turn for the worse, and by Sunday afternoon he was breathing heavy, wasn't eating or drinking anything, and was VERY lethargic. Since we found out earlier this week that Weston had pneumonia, I decided that it was time to take him in - and wouldn't you know our doctor's office was closed for the day? So, to the ER we went.
Blagh! I despise the ER. We were taken into triage where they checked his breathing and found out he was not going to stop breathing any time soon, but that he did need an xray. The doctor told us to wait in the waiting room, and to look for a sling or blood on someone, and sit by them, not anyone who looked sick. Good advice Doc! :-) Another 2 hours went by of Wyatt doing nothing but lay his head on me and snuggle, and me doing nothing but waiting and trying not to pass judgment on anyone there. I've never thought of myself as a judgmental person, but... it was tough! I thought a couple of the entourages would be ordering pizza! :-)
Finally, we were taken back, and Wyatt had to get into a gown. Poor little thing! He caught sight of my camera, and weakly said, "cheese!" and flashed a smile. 
That tuckered him out, and he needed to rest for awhile.Poor little guy.
And then I picked him up again! Just what he wanted.
So it was more testing and xrays and waiting. The good news? He doesn't have pneumonia, but he does have bronchitis and RSV - lovely! Nothing they could do for him, except tell me what to watch out for, that he was in the early stages so he would get better before getting worse, and to follow up with our doctor today. It sounds like we will bring him in tomorrow for a follow up - perfect! Better than the ER again! :-)
I hope he feels better soon!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you, Wy Wy!
ReplyDeleteHope he feels better soon! Poor little guy! Two sick kids in the house must be keeping you busy! Praying for health for the whole family!
ReplyDelete