Monday, March 28, 2011

Do as I say and not as I..... no don't!

Can we make that "don't say as I say?"  Some current phrases repeated by a 5 year old - once.  And only once!

"Holy Cow"

"Dangit"

"But Dad says it!" 

From this point forward - none of those will be true!  :-)


On a serious note...  We are adjusting to being parents of a big boy.   Gone are the days of chatting about anything and everything in front of the kids - there are now too many shingles on the roof for that.  Too many ears, too many questions.  I find myself constantly trying to figure out how to explain things, keep things age appropriate, and still challenge Wayne to learn and grow.  Case in point:  Weston's speech teacher has asked me to keep my sentences simple and watered down - and Wayne's speech teacher has asked me to elaborate and expand!  This raising a little person thing is a perplexing job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment