Today we celebrated FIVE years of life with Wayne. More on the days festivities later, but for now...
Dear Wayne,
Happy FIFTH birthday my sweet boy! Five years ago, Dad and I were so anxious and excited for you to arrive - and we were THRILLED to have a son. It was so hard to call you Wayne at first, because it was such a big boy name for such a precious little bundle, but now - I can't imagine you being called anything else. Know this - no matter where you go or what you do - Dad and I love you. Our love has nothing to do with anything that you do - and everything to do with the fact that you are our son. With that said - Wayne, you are the most joyful, delightful little five year old I've ever known. Truth be told - five can be a difficult age of independence and let's face it - being a bit of a "brat" but I see none of those traits in you. You LOVE your brothers, and look out for them constantly. I pity the pour soul in school someday that messes with Wyatt or Weston - because they are going to have to deal with you! Today you were opening gifts and letting Weston help you and touch your presents before you even got a chance to - and you were HAPPY about it. I don't know many five year olds who would be so kind to their little brother. You are a grateful boy - you take nothing for granted and you are constantly telling us "thank you" for getting you things, doing things for you, or simply for taking care of you. We could not have been prouder of you tonight, watching you open your gifts and showing everyone your thankfulness - it was priceless. You are such a smart boy too Wayne. This week you got glasses, and after only wearing them for a day you take great care of them all by yourself. You even read your first book today! It was book 1 of the "Bob" series, and while you struggled on the first few pages, you were really getting it by the end of the book. You were so proud, and said to me, "Really? I can read? I didn't know I could do that!" I'm not going to be sad that you are growing up - I am going to rejoice in your bigness. You are a delight to us - you bring great joy and life to every room you enter. Your sweet smile - and your loving hugs and kisses make even the toughest parenting days more than worth it. We love you SO MUCH Wayne, and we always will.
I'll love you forever,
I'll pray for you always.
Forever my baby you'll be.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment