Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cornwall Park - Low Key 4th

With all of the celebrations of July 3 - Crabbing, Ethan's birthday party, AND a BBQ and fireworks - we were more than happy to LAY LOW on the 4th of July!  Tyler had to work for most of the day too, so I helped a friend with some stationary design work for an upcoming wedding reception, and then called Tanya.  The conversation went something like this:

Tanya:  I want to go to Albertson's today.
Tanya:  Me too.  When are you going?
Tanya:  I'd like to go this morning.  You?
Tanya:  Yeah, me too.
Tanya:  Let's load up the kids, go to Albertson's together, then hit Cornwall park!
Tanya:  Sounds good.  Leave our houses in 20 minutes?
Tanya: Yup.  See you in a few!

The next 20 minutes are a bit of a blur, considering my Albertson's list wasn't final, nor my coupons pulled together.  Two of the boys were still in jammies, and the house looked like a tornado had come through... but we through cleanliness to the wind, and took off!  :-)  

The kids were all EXCELLENT at Albertson's, as was our savings!  Love that store.  We quickly ran over to the park, where the kiddos all played, played, played!  I hope that days like today are ones that our kids remember - just grabbing sandals and snacks, and heading out the door to relax the day away.  I hope!  We weren't at the park 10 minutes before Wayne and Ethan had ALL the kids playing "Jake and the Neverland Pirates."  Leave it to those two social butterfly's to include everyone in on the fun. 




All SIX of the kiddos, finally getting their turn on the swings!

No comments:

Post a Comment