Friday, August 12, 2011

SCHOOL SHOPPING for Wayne

Let me preface this post with:  I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM POSTING ABOUT SCHOOL SHOPPING!!!!

Whew.  Okay, now that that is off of my mind...  A brand new annual tradition has been born... shopping and lunch with Grandma!  I have been doing school shopping little by little over the past few months, but Grandma wanted to take Wayne to get a new outfit, and out to lunch.  She gave him the option of going alone with her, or to take me along too.  The kid didn't even BLINK before telling her, "My mom can't come!  It's just you and me Grandma, it's a DATE!"  He talked about the "date" for a week straight, before the big day finally came.  

After looking at what I had picked up, Grandma and Wayne decided that he need sweatshirts, a few light jackets, a Cars 2 shirt, swim trunks, cargo pants, AND a few Cars 2 cars to play with.  In the end, he did decide to let me meet them for lunch at - where else - Red Robin!  He was so stinkin' adorable and BIG - ordering his lunch, saying please and thank you, and carrying on a conversation like a mini adult.  I hope that I never forget that memory, as long as I live.  It stirred up memories in me too - of when I got to go school shopping as a kid with my mom and grandparents, and how my mom always listened to what I wanted to wear (things that were comfortable and soft!) and how she always knew what was "in" for that year - well, with the exception of my first grade pictures, which sported a HIDEOUS sweater, and short & permed hair, but I've forgiven her for that. 

 The deal was that two were for Wayne, with one for Wayne and one for Weston, but that's not really how it worked out....  Wayne offered to babysit everyone's cars for them, wasn't that nice?
 Yup, they'll fit this year, and next!
With lots of jeans, t-shirts, and sweatshirts, and a few button ups and vests, I'd say this five year old is ready to head to KINDERGARTEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment