Sunday, September 11, 2011

The BIG Yellow Bus

Thursday marked Wayne's first trip to and from school - on the bus.  For all of you paranoid people out there - you need not fear.  I have investigated every angle of what could go wrong with a 5 year old taking the bus to school, and I can find no cause for concern.  The school has a pretty amazing policy for their kindergartners, and I am so thankful!  And no - I didn't even follow the bus to the school!!!  Wayne was beyond excited and thrilled - and jumping up and down, twirling around.  He waited with the neighbor boy, watching his every move to make sure that he was doing everything right.  Timing the "when do I step towards the bus" move was a little stressful for him, but he pulled it off!!!
 See that green tag?  That's part of "procedure."  Anyone who looks at him knows he's a kindergartner and needs extra help!  They also coach the kids in school to help out the kindergartners, and they actually do!

 Wayne and Nico!

...and there goes our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment