Tuesday, September 13th was Weston's first day of preschool for the 2011-2012 school year. WOW! He asked EVERYDAY of summer when he got to go on the bus again. At long last (in his mind) it's time! Weston goes to school 4 days each week, for half days. With the bus ride, he's gone far too long for my liking, but even after only 4 days of class this week I've noticed a remarkable improvement in how much he talks. There is something about being around a bunch of kids your own age that just gets Weston talking. I love that he comes home with "stories" to tell me, and he has a new found love for SINGING. I've got to tell you.. he's got the sweetest little voice and can really carry a tune (AND bust a move!) He is downright precious.
He was SO excited to have his backpack packed and ready to go. He likes his juice/water in his bottle, in the outside pocket of his bag, and then he's ready to go!
Two backpacks by the door in the morning before school.. STRANGE! Two lunches to pack... STRANGER! Two boys on the bus... STRANGEST of all!
b
Two little Silves boys, all ready for school.
Weston and his teacher on the first day of school. She is SO sweet, and I know Weston is in good hands.
At the lunch table. Weston takes his own lunch, and LOVES chocolate milk for a treat.
There Weston is, in the seat just above the "No." You can't really see him, but he is waving and waving and waving like crazy. He waves from the time he gets on the bus, while he's getting buckled in, and until the bus pulls out. You also can't see me choking back tears every time as I wave, and wave, and wave back to him. I love him so much!!!
And there he goes!!! (Weston gets on the bus at church on Wednesday mornings since I'm teaching Bible Study - it works out great! I'm too distracted by teaching to be upset for too long.) :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment