Monday, June 18, 2012

Kindergartener NO MORE!

Thursday June 14 was Wayne's LAST day of kindergarten.  He was PUMPED at 5:45 when he came running into our room, "It's my LAST DAY of kindergarten!"  That was quickly followed by, "I am going to miss Mrs. Venn!"  They had a full day of packing up, and remembering all of the things they did and learned this year, and at 2:15 it was time for their ASSEMBLY.  Wayne's class was in the front row, and he sat patiently, waiting for the AWARDS.  He was the FIRST one called, for 

PERFECT ATTENDANCE

and he proudly stood with his class.  Mrs. Venn's class had 4 kids with perfect attendance, the most in the whole school.  Way to go Wayne!  When I asked him how he earned the award he told me it was because he got plenty of sleep and ate lots of vegetables. 

 After the assembly the kids filed out, and I had to laugh....  This is the spot where Wayne's class was sitting, and it was scattered with pea-gravel from the playground - much like our entry way after Wayne gets off the bus each day!
 Mrs. Silves and Mr. Silves

 His last day of school!
 When I look back over the past nine months, I see how much Wayne has grown and changed, and yet all the ways he is still the same.  Sometimes when I look at him, I still see a 6 month old baby, who can't get enough of his Mom and Dad, and is happy all he time.  But then he tells me I'm beautiful, or says, "You want me to do the dishes - I can read your mind" and I laugh.  It's not that I WANT him to grow up, or that I want to rush the inevitable.  It's just that I know it's going to happen, and for all the things I miss about him being little, there are just as many blessings and things I love that he does and says now that he is older.  I know each stage of our next 20 years will be the same, and I am grateful to God for this UNIQUE and SPECIAL boy.  What a gift!

 

BRING ON SUMMER!

1 comment:

  1. Wayne is looking more and more like Uncle Pete. That sweet little smile :)

    ReplyDelete