Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wayne's last Kindergarten field trip (sniff-sniff)

Wayne's last Kindergarten field trip was last week Thursday to Berthusen Park for a nature walk... in the rain.  They have been studying wood and nature in their science unit, so this was the grand culmination.  There have been so many things at school, and with work and not moving so great the past few weeks, I just couldn't do this trip.  No bother to Wayne though....  after I told him I couldn't go, the very next time he saw Grandma, all on his own, he asked if she could come with him!  How does a Grandma turn that down?  :-)  So, rain or shine, she was there...  and it was RAIN!  Bless her sweet heart, she led Wayne's group, and apparently by the end of the hike several other groups had joined there's, and the other kids wanted to know, "Who's mom is that?"  :-) 
 After school, Wayne was all abuzz with the trip, and Grandma, and all that they had done and talked about.  He is in AWE of his Grandma, that is FOR SURE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment