Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A day at The Bay

Down by the bay, down by the bay...

Sorry, I couldn't refrain!  That song just comes to mind.  On Friday, with temps expected to hit the upper 90's and then some, it was a perfect day to head to Birch Bay.  Where there is always a breeze and it's 10 degrees cooler!  The kids were thrilled to go.  Tyler, Wayne, and Weston all took off first thing to do some crabbing, so Wyatt and Addison and I were left to pick up the house and pack the car for our 9:45 departure.  I could not believe how full our car was!  Inner tubes, chairs, an ice chest, a tote full of sand toys, towels, a stroller, and a diaper bag, and a basket full of food!  Oh yes, and a family of SIX - PACKED I tell you!  It was all worth it when we arrived.  Poor Wayne tripped and scraped his shins right off the bat....  he cried, but I didn't blame him.  He had blood running from his knees to his ankles, and by the next day the scrapes were nicely framed by black and blue bruising too.  He is one tough cookie though!  Within 5 minutes he was in the SALT water, and I never heard him complain once that it stung.  
 
 
Funny to see these pictures and the differences in the boys.  Ages 6, 4, and 3.
 Lately when someone asks Wyatt what his name is, he says, "Wyatt, but my Daddy calls me Junior."
 Speaking of Daddy... I think this was the ONLY time all day he sat down - otherwise he was out in the water or on the beach with the kiddos!
 Lookin' good Kallen! (you too Breanne!)
 Taylin - enjoying the surf and the sun with her Mom.
 Addison slept most of the time we were out there (until 3pm!) I either held her, or she was in the stroller/carseat.  She was HOT and it definitely didn't help her heat rash, but it didn't seem to get any worse either.  At one point we walked all the way out to the water's edge (the tide was all the way out) and then she had to eat... definitely the strangest place I ever fed one of our kids!

 As the tide started to come in, Tyler took all the "bigs" out to float in with it.  By far, this was the HIGHLIGHT of the day.  The spent forever floating and relaxing, looking for fish and crab and just soaking up the sunshine as they floated on the waves.


 Madelyn was sad she didn't have an innertube, but I had brought one from the Grandma stash we had at home... but no pump.  Good 'ol Uncle Tyler huffed and puffed and blew it up while they were walking out to the water, and she was LOVING it!

 The Bigs


And as if that wasn't enough fun, about the last hour we were there, we looked over, and thought.... "That has to be Aunt Barb!" and "That looks like Wendy's boys!"  Sure enough.  Where else but Whatcom County can you go to the beach on a hot day, a beach that is MILES long, and just so happen to have your aunt and cousins park right next to you, and set up camp with you?  NO WHERE!  I love where we live. We had fun catching up, and they got to meet Addison for the first time. 

Birch Bay, we love you - see you next year!

2 comments:

  1. We were at Birch Bay on Friday too! We were down by the park tho. Great day for the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What special kiddo's! Can't wait to see all of U very soon(Sept)!

    ReplyDelete