Friday, January 4, 2008

The Countdown is On!!!

The countdown is officially on... There are now 9 more full days, and 10 more "sleeps" as my friend Amanda would say, until Weston makes his appearance! We are wrapping up things around the house tomorrow, along with watching a Seahawks game, of course! This next week is pretty busy with appointments. We have a total of 3 doctors appointments between Tyler and I, 2 haircuts, 1 eye appointment, and I have a date with Walmart and Costco! Oh, and Wednesday I have Bible Study in the morning, and Tyler has Awana in the evening. Whew! Saturday we are hanging around the house and cleaning, laundry, packing Wayne, etc. I tell you what, after this week, I am going to be ready for a good snow storm! Everything done, and all the time in the world to just sit and snuggle a newborn. (They are so snuggly in their fleecy jammy's!)

Another friend asked me today if I'm ready to have two kids. I told her no! The thought of having my attention divided is a little daunting. So, for those of you mother's or babysitters out there who juggle more than one.... please leave comments with your best advice! I'd love to hear your thoughts, and have some reassurance! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, you will be just fine. You have done a great job with Wayne! I was worried too! It was actually a lot easier than I thought. The biggest thing is that the newborn eats and sleeps all the time. So the time Weston is sleeping, you do things with Wayne. When Jaycee needed something while I was tending to Jackson, I would just say I am busy at the moment. I really tried not to say Jackson, so she wouldn't feel that he was more important. Also, anytime I would need to nurse, I put cartoons on for Jaycee. That way she was in the room with me and I knew that she was okay! We adjusted pretty well. It gets a little more hectic now b/c Jackson is on the go as well, but I am use to having 2 kids so I just go with it! You will do great Tanya! Can't wait to hear the news that Weston is here! Oh, DO rest a little if you get them both down for naps at the same time! Its so nice to have a few moments of peace in the house enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete