Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm old.

I know some of you may read the above and think I'm nuts, but bear with me here. Back in the "glory" days of high school (I say this with MUCH sarcasm, these were by far not my favorite years of life, only outdown by my junior high years. Only high light I can think of off the top of my head is TYLER! We started seeing each other (seriously, what does that mean?) when I was a freshman, and he was a cool sophomore, driving a 66 Mustang!) Where was I... oh yeah, I'm old.) By the time we reached high school, it was old hat to see folks every day. Seriously, a few hundred faces that you saw every day, and I'm guessing roughly 50 or so that you knew WAY too much information about, because it was always "on the wind." I can remember graduating and thinking how strange it would be to NOT see these people every day, do you remember that feeling? Not that it was a good or a bad feeling, just a feeling. Today I saw one of those folks, in, where of all places? The Wal-Mart parking lot. We each had two kids with us, who were roughly the same age. We chit-chatted about pregnancies, kiddos, and how fast time had gone by since last summer when I saw her at the Fair. So, now I am my mom, in yet another way... I think of this person by her maiden name, and not by her married name (I hated when my mom would say my friend's mom's maiden names... I had no clue who she was talking about.... which brings me to the point that I don't know my school friends mom's first names, because I called all of them Mrs. ________ or "so and so's mom." Any-hoo... I digress.) So, I again am becoming my mother in yet another way.... I guess that is not such a bad thing though, when I think about it, because my Mom is my HERO! :0) Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment