- No matter how much you agonize over the color of stain, how it will look, how easy it will be to work with, etc. once you have it, your stuck with it. You learn to adjust.
- Just because one method works on one board, doesn't mean the same method will work on another board.
- Some boards don't soak up the stain well, others can suck you dry!
- Just when you think you are going to run out of stain... there is always just a little more left in your bucket.
- It makes you sore all over, and you find muscles you didn't know you had.
- Time flies when you are holding a brush.
- It's easier to do with a lot of people, instead of all on your own.
- When you are all done, you take a step back and think, this is truly amazing, all that hard work paid off, and the results are stunning.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
*painting is a lot like parenting*
Well, staining is really what I mean. I have done a lot of it over the past few days, as has many of you, so I hear! Yesterday we stained the backyard fence. My mom, aunt, and cousins came to help and watch the boys. We had it done by 1:30, for which I am thrilled! I'd show you pictures, but I'm too tired to get off this desk chair and get my camera. Today I stained all the post caps, and touched up all the black areas of the fence facing the driveway. Anyhoo... back to my painting and parenting thoughts (apparently the stain has fumes... I can't smell, and therefore am oblivious to them... hence the thought process more than likely!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment