Friday, June 5, 2009
Gardening with Wayne
Today was another nice day, and while the temps were definitely lower (in the mid 70's) the humidity was higher which did NOT agree with me! Tyler was at Ryan and Tara's working on his project, but by 4:30 I had to tell him to come home, I was DONE! The little stinker inside me was trying to get out, I'm convinced. He/she moved positions, and was stretching from one end to the other, and KILLING my sides. Seriously, I couldn't walk standing up! This had been going on for an hour by the time I called him, and continued for another 2 hours or so. Then, of course, Braxton-hicks settled in for the evening, so I put myself on voluntary bed rest for the evening. I got up to pee, and that was it. Go me! :-) Tyler was so understanding and great, and took over dinner and the boys. After Weston went to bed, Wayne asked to go check on his pumpkins. When we planted the garden, Wayne was in charge of the pumpkin seed and mounds, and is VERY proud of them. At least a few times a day we have to go check on them, and he is in charge of watering them too. He also has to check on the beans and the strawberries, and tells us, "No eat yet, still growing!" He is talking more and more each day, and Tyler and I are absolutely blown away at the things he comes up with. I love seeing the world through a three year old's eyes! He is very into "buggies" too, and likes to squish them. (Boys!) He was quite the helper for me today too, I was so proud of him for understanding that I didn't feel good, and pitching in to put dishes in the sink, bring me diapers for Weston, and lots of other little things. I used to think that kids did the most changing between birth and one year, but I now think that it is between ages 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. He is grown, matured, and developed so much over the last 12 months, it's astounding to me. But, he is still the sweet, compassionate boy he's always been, and MUST have plenty of snuggles throughout the day. He asked for something tonight, and I told him, "Sure, but it will cost you!" He leaned right in and planted a kiss on my cheek." I turned the other way and told him, "It will cost you LOTS!" and he proceeded to kiss my other cheek a hundred and one different times. As I soaked in the moment, I could see Tyler watching us out of the corner of my eye, with a big 'ol smile on his face, shaking his head. I love that little boy to pieces!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We have a little boy that likes to squish "buggies" too. Just remind Wayne not to squish bees. Ask Ethan what happens when you try to squish a bee.
ReplyDeleteWayne has grown a lot this last year. He is so fun to be around and to have in our home!
Please tell little Wayne that Aunt Thelma is coming the end of Aug. to check on his pumpkin patch. I just planted my row of beans in the sandbox. That's one spot the"big boys" leave alone so my strawberries and beans grow in peace with a little extra mir-grow!
ReplyDelete